Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Quote for the day, "well, If you are a mother"

I have been handling things, better...  for a while.  So I was wondering if this Blog had lived it's life, ready to be ended.  Nope, not a chance!  Today made me realize there are still alot of people to be educated out there about CNBC...

I was standing in Walmart picking out Mother's Day cards, actually chipper and not pouting or depressed.  I loved the cards from the dog or cat.  When a lady spoke up that she couldn't find "aunt" cards.  Smiling I said, "Oh, there's a few here" (Pointing infront of me) and stepped aside.  She found what she needed and started to leave.  Looking back at myself and another lady standing beside me she says "Happy Mother's Day, well..., if you are a mother." And turned the corner as she walked away. 

I stood there frozen at first, then slowly dropped my head and my shoulders went limp.  The lady beside me never said a word, and eventually left.  I held it together for a while...  (about 5 mins)  Then let loose...... 

Yes, I am the crazy lady standing in the walmart card section crying.

I called Lawrence for some reassurance, he know's something is wrong when I say "I just need a hug."   I stood there trying to keep the mascara from running, listening to his loving words and trying to regain composure. 

So many people out there need to remember and think before they speak.  I would have said something if she had stuck around.  I have been learning to, nicely and respectfully, quickly tell my story when the subject comes up.  Just to educate...  for those who are blessed.   Please understand there are so many of us hurting.  Who want to share in your joy, or who have shared - but have now lost their child.  This week is a friend's first Mother's Day with out her adult son she lost recently.  I am glad she wasn't standing there...............

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jenny, this is the first time I have checked out your blog! Very moving. My best friend has been married for 10 years and has never once been pregnant. They even tried one round of IVF and no luck. She is the Godmother to our daughter and it hurts my heart because I know she wants nothing in the world more than to be a mom. I am always careful with what I say to her about my kids because I love her so much. My prayers are with you and Lawrence (her husbands name too lol) and God's plan for your life! Great blog!Jerimiah 29:11 Love to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand, I had this happen to me at work all week, even had a coworker tell a customer who ask if we all where mothers "all of us except Dana" (she couldn't just say yes) only to hear the customer reply "well all you moms have a great mother's day" so I guess since I don't have children I should have a crappy day today... so from one CNBC,to another I hope you have a Wonderful (I want to be a mommy more than anything) Mother's Day....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny,

    I am trying not to cry as I read this because I have been there! Mother's Day is difficult for me. Everyone always greets me with 'Happy Mother's Day' because I am a woman. It hurts. I'm not a mother and would prefer not to be reminded of it. I know they mean no harm but it hurts all the same. Some people have made comments to me in the past when I tell them that Mother's Day is painful with 'well you have a mother don't you?' They just don't get that it's not being a mother that hurts. It gets easier every year but sometimes I still have moments. Thank you for this forum-it helps to share and know I'm not the only one.

    Blessings,

    Kim
    (the thrifty reenactor:).

    ReplyDelete