Friday, May 11, 2018

Coping? Some days...

Am I coping with being infertile?  Some days I do, some days I don't.  Today is one of those 'not coping' days.

We usually escape town or lay low for Mother's Day.  I just can't handle it.  There, I admit it.  But this year we can't, I have a promise to some pretty amazing youth to teach their Sunday School class - and I can't let them down.  I might crawl under a rock afterwards - but for that hour, they will brighten my day and be 'my' kids.

I feel so bad though, nothing my husband does right now can make this any better.  He can't fix it.  Every hour my eyes fill with tears but I do my best to hide it.  Hiding it is becoming harder and harder, he noticed it tonight.

Strangely I found a little solace in pulling weeds this evening...  I know, I'm crazy!  He was nearby woodworking and I sat there pulling weeds, loving on my garden. 

So tonight when I couldn't hold it together any longer, I had strong feeling to go out in the garden!  Yes, it was 11pm, I am sure my neighbors think I was hiding a body.  I turned the spotlights on, pulled back the netting over my herb garden and started to dig.  Did it make things better?  I don't know.  Did I stop crying?  Yes.  I gave my love to something else, to plants, to my love of gardening, to my cats, to my home. 

Some days are good, some days are not....


No comments:

Post a Comment