Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Voices...

Starting this post has opened a large can of worms so to speak.  It has given strength and a voice to quite a few people, who I am not sure, would have said anything otherwise.  These words below are not mine, but we all speak from the same broken heart.  Here are a few quotes from them, not naming names, but just to show - we are not alone...


"What made me angriest though was when strangers looked at me and my age and asked, Why don't you have any kids, or you better get busy with having children.  Some of this from my own family!"

"Good for you but sad that u need to explain.  I have had people tell me that I am not an actual parent since I only have one!  People seem to think  they have the 'right' to say anything they want now days...  Sometimes it's not a choice."

"It's been 12 years of trying...  I too have had to answer those same questions and I firmly believe that until someone goes through it they have no idea how it feels.  People just assume that because you are a young married couple that you should have children, they don't stop to think before opening their mouth."

"The grief I feel is something that others do not realize."

"Sometimes it's not a lifestyle choice...  it is a God choice."

"Just as a person born into prosperity cannot understand what it is to be poor; a person who does not share this affliction cannot understand what we go through."


And the voices keep coming...  We do not mean to guilt anyone in what we say and reveal here.  But looking into our lives, gives this world a better appreciation, understanding, and hopefully a moment of thought - before any words are spoken in ignorance.  And I am using that term as Webster uses it.  "Ignorance: a lack of knowledge, learning, and information."

This blog has already been viewed 77 times since original posting...  It will be interesting to see where it goes from here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment