Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Stand in her shoes...

This has been on my heart to write for a while.  But I trust these posts happen in God's time, not mine.  They get posted when He knows someone needs to hear it. 

Please try to stand in someone with CNBC's shoes for a few minutes.... 

Imagine this: 
You are just talking with a stranger, a family member, friend, an 'un-taught' person.  And the questions come like they always do...  "Why no children?"  "Why not?"  "You should."  etc...   You gently explain CNBC and the struggle to conceive.  Or you brush their questions aside not wanting to deal with it today.  But....  little does that person know, days prior you had a misscarriage. Or you took a pregnancy test for the 100th time, to only see it negative.  Or your period came again, even though you had had been trying...   Quietly you turn away from the questioner, slowly walking away...

Can you imagine that?  Many of you don't have to imagine it.  I'm not alone.  We're not alone.  You're not alone...

A dear friend recently wrote me that they were pregnant.  She wanted to tell me, even though they weren't telling anyone else for a while.  They had been struggling for years with treatment also.  I was so thrilled for them.  But a week or so later....  I got another letter.  She had lost it.  I wanted to climb through the computer....  I wanted to hold her sooooo bad.  I just balled and cried my eyes out for her.  She reassured me they were alright with it.  But my heart hurt for weeks for her. 

We forget so often of these women and men, these families.  All we can do is to keep educating about Childless Not By Choice.  I still have trouble understanding the people who don't or can't fathom not being able to have a child.  They are out there...  slowly but surely, we will gently reach these people.

No comments:

Post a Comment