Sunday, November 20, 2011

What defines a family?

What defines a family?  Just because we don't have children, doesn't mean we aren't a family.  But some people see it that way.  We don't...

Just because you share your love with something that doesn't share your name, doesn't mean it's not love. 

Belle, the basset hound who knows when I am having a bad day and lays in bed with me...
Ladie, the eldery terrier who needs my love, caress, and guidance to live out her life...
Tripod, the cat who kisses me on the forehead and loves Lawrence beyond belief...
Red, the chicken who loves to be held, talked to, comes to the window to get me to come out and spend time with her...
My niece, who knows my little grin and how much I love her... 
The little girl at church tonight who came running in and instead of going to her family, took my open arms and crawled up in my lap to quietly sit through a service.  Folded her hands with mine for prayer, who hugs and loves me. 

It's ok that we aren't the typical 'family'.  Mine give me more love every day than I could ever ask for....

No comments:

Post a Comment